A Toast!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Delaware's PATHETIC Governor

In the Sunday, July 15th edition of The News Journal, they continued an ongoing series concerning alleged abuse and other troubles happening at the Delaware State Hospital. I am not very fond of many politicians at any level, but Delaware's own Ruth Ann Minner showed her complete ignorance towards the people of this state when she was interviewed for this article.

Here are 2 of her comments, and how sad it is that I only need to post her words and nothing else from the article to see such a blatant case of disregard.

"We have nothing to base any kind of investigation on, except a newspaper article," the governor said.

Isn't this enough? People are reporting rape, beatings and vandalism, yet this is not enough to warrant an investigation?

"If they're willing to stay there and continue to work and accept the abuse, that's their problem," Minner said.

WHAT? You have got to be kidding me. She shouldn't even make it to office on Monday with comments as such. She should have been thrown ot long ago, but even the blindest of those who aren't looking have got to have upset stomachs after reading that bullshit.

I'm so pissed right now, I can't even continue.

Here is the article if you care to peruse.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070715/NEWS/707150377

5 comments:

a most peculiar nature said...

I was following this story somewhat, but missed this article.

What a total disgrace. I couldn't believe the quotes you cited until I went to the original (ok, it's the News Journal) article.

Who is in charge here?

Angry Inch said...

Who, indeed.

Well, sadly enough, Minner is in charge. But that is like leaving Frankenstein's monster in charge of the FBI's IT department. Some things just won't work, regardless.

She hasn't worked. She doesn't work. She will never work.

Delaware's next Governor will be either current Lt. Gov. John Carney, former Happy Harry CEO Alan Levin or pizza-deliveryman Robert Foraker.

Can any of them be worse?

a most peculiar nature said...

LOL. Pizza man sounds like the best shot.

You might want to read Nancy Willing's take on this news article.
http://delawareway.blogspot.com/2007/07/dems-cant-continue-to-ignore-management.html

Angry Inch said...

I read where Foraker loves to smoke pot. Can you imagine the increase in 'munchie' sales throughout the state?

I like Nancy's view. I am glad to see there are a few people left to force our government to accept accountability, even if just a little and only at certain times.

As for the non-needed investigation as per Minner at the DSP, well, guees what. One is being launched. I posted in TNJ's forums that there would HAVE to be, simply based on Minner's ignorant remarks. Her statements left the State open to so many different lawsuits it wasn't funny. In my post, I gauranteed an investigation within a couple days, simply because there had to be at least one advisor or lawyer with half a brain that knew what she said was big trouble.

What an idiot. I loathe all those that voted for her a second time. I would say both times, but we are all entitled to mistakes. Making the same mistake twice however, is unexcusable.

I will edit this post later, I am in a hurry. Also coming (I hope) is a blog makeover! I am still learning what I need to know first.

Anyways, love peace and have a great day!

a most peculiar nature said...

As a follow up to this, here is Kilroy's spin:

http://kilroysdelaware.blogspot.com/2007/07/minners-cuckoos-nest.html