A Toast!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

'Angry Inch's First Annual Bike-B-Que' -Last Call!!!

Yes- it's here!

Anyways, Saturday, August 4th is 'Angry Inch's First Annual Bike-B-Que'!

Here is the short version, I need sleep!

Because of all the love and help that was shown to me and my family during my accident and subsequent recovery, I want to pass on the love by doind a ride and BBQ. Nothing major, a handful of bikes will be meeting at Chez Del Diner on Route 13 about 10am. From there, a leisurely ride down 9 to Sambo's near Dover for a quick pit stop and drink, eat, smoke and stretch. Return trip much of the same, except for a stop at the world famous Augustine Inn near Augustine Beach. (I am going to do some recon work to find out if the old mini-amusement park is still back in the woods.)

We should return to my home by 3, where we will meet up with non-riders to turn up some tunes, fire up the grill and knock back some cold ones. Family, friends, neighbors, friends of friends, whatever amd whoever.

It's not for charity. Ain't a holiday. Not even a party. It's a celebration. A celebration of the life that I was granted to continue living after many, many people prayed for me and luckily, God was listening and took their wishes into consideration. Anyway, it's a celebration of life, time to be with those we care about, time to reflect on what's good in life, and time to EAT.

Chainsaw, my Ride Capt. for the trip has also graciously volunteered to handle the grill so I can mingle and make sure everyone is comfortable and enjoying themselves. If you are coming, I can't wait to see ya. If you wanna come, come on!

I am already planning the 2nd annual..

Jedzą i cieszą się!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.