A Toast!

Saturday, July 7, 2007

1st week back to work, Upcoming Ride/BBQ

Well, I have been getting a few of the hopsital bills for a few weeks now. A few hundred here, a couple grand there, nothing truly astonishing. That is, until today.

$151,233.25

I'm not worried about it as they were kind enough to send the bill to the insurance company first. It was a major relief to see they paid $180.00 towards it.

It would have sucked being responsible for the entire amount.

ANYWAY.. I returned to work this week, and admittedly I am exhausted, but this was a HUGE step to things getting back to normal. Now, I won't tell you how pissed-off the place made me, but for selfish personal reasons I'm glad I made it.

To further celebrate, I've set up a ride and BBQ for Saturday, August Fourth, to show many deserving folks some big love. At this point, the ride selection is down to 2 possible routes which start at Mike's Famous , with a BBQ takeoff of approximately 3pm at my house. I have not invited many people, it's mainly word of mouth and those I have invited may bring whomever they wish.

If you are interested in the ride, BBQ, or both with good food, great people and cold drinks, email me and we'll set ya up.

7 comments:

a most peculiar nature said...

Holy cow. I think if I had received that bill it would have sent me right back to the hospital !

Looking forward to the BBQ (but I had it on the calendar as the 4th, not the 11th...did I mess up?)

Lysa Rose said...

It is the 4th, Shirley.

AND MICHAEL..I TOLD YOU IT WAS A BIKE B-Q! LOL

a most peculiar nature said...

How did I read the 11th somewhere?

Must be those brownies I had over the weekend.

Good Lord. Major cluster-thingy on my part. Old age.

Angry Inch said...

Nope, my goof, not yours hun. I went in and edited the date.

I guess I gotta change what I am calling it as well!

Not a BBQ, a BIKE-BQ.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I would have come to the BQ ride but hey brother, I would have had to stumble there from AZ, off a plane, scared of heights, smile. But on the other hand I would have had to leave a bit early to ride out your way for your event. So I decided to be there in spirit anyway. It ways my birthday and I celebrated it with the nation and a few close biker buddies like you!!! Have a great time returning to work and we are all thinking about ya brother..

Garry

Garry Van Kirk
Bikers Accident Survivor Forum
www.bacsuv.com

Angry Inch said...

Gary, just the fact that you even took the time to leave a message was an awesome thing. Happy BirthDay!

Thanks for the thoughts, you and many other people will be on my mind when we do this ride. All those that were there for me, all those who have been through this before and those who needed someone, yet had no one.

I am a very lucky man in many ways.

Have a great day..

Chainsaw said...

"Return to Sender, address unknown!"