A Toast!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

As time rolls on..

I've been painting the porch for the past week and probably still have at least another week to go. We decided white paint with hunter green trim would look nice, but painting on old, dried-out panelling that needed a bit of patching is tough as the paint just gets sucked right up. Ah, it'll look good when it's done. Getting up and down the ladder hasn't been the easiest thing, but it's been great exercise and awesome therapy.

But I want to get back to work, and soon! I don't know if my old company intends to hire me back or not, but the more time that passes, the likelihood subsides. They won't let me return until a doctor says I can lift 50 pounds. I know I can, but I need official paperwork so I have a strength test on June 12th to hopefully rectify this situation. Four hours long. Yep, FOUR HOURS. Hell, I ain't doing a damned thing the day before and will probably need a week off afterward!

If it gets me where I want to be, I'm all for it.

2 comments:

a most peculiar nature said...

When you're doing the strength test, just pretend that Chainsaw and a bunch of other of your friends are there....razzing ya, calling you a you-know-what, eggin' ya on.

You won't be there alone, brother. All of us will be there in spirit, and if we could hold onto that weight one more minute for ya, we would. I can't call Chainsaw an angel exactly, but pretend just for couple of hours he is, and he is pushing there with ya.

You can do it, I know you can.

Angry Inch said...

I THINK I can, I THINK I can!

This will be no-problem.

I don't know if it will be in time for me to still have a job to return to, but it iwll let me know if I am healthy and strong enough to do it, or something similar.

Thanks for your kind words... again!